SHOMERIM DAILY DEVOTION PLANS
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.�
SHOMERIM |
Daily Devotion Plans (July-August) |
Amos |
OT – 1 Kings |
Nick |
NT – 1 Peter |
Daniel |
Jude |
Jiannan |
NT - Revelation |
Edmund |
1 Corinthians (random) |
Alan |
Revelation |
Ernest |
|
Jianjun |
Proverbs |
Joelson |
|
Tengyan |
OT – 1 Samuel |
Shuhui |
Hymn Stories Devotion |
Caleb |
Daily Reflections |
Meijie |
Manna for Today |
Nicole |
|
Desmond |
|
Lingqin |
Our Daily Bread |
Boon How |
Hosea |
Abigail |
|
Hong Hao |
|
Bo Hao |
|
Michelle |
|
UJ |
|
UTB |
|
Small note: Pastor mentioned in his Easter message, “If each one take care of our hearts, the church is alive�. Similarly, if each one in Shomerim, takes care and do their daily devotion, then Shomerim will stay alive. May we not be the first to resurrect at the 2 nd coming of the Lord! =p (if u remember the joke Pastor mentioned).
::Sunday, February 03, 2008::
:: prayer closet ::
Recently, I have been reading Andrew Murray's "With Christ in the school of Prayer". Honestly, it is a very good book about prayers. He was a prolific writer. Nevertheless, I realized some points that I couldn't agree with him. I wouldn't say that they are heresy, more of a wrong interpretation that fall short of the truth. Perhaps during his time, it didn't brought to him about the wrong interpretation. It seems so because of what he has shared in the book. Still, we cannot accept whatever he teaches in the book and, therefore, we should read this book with the eyes of discernment. I'll give this book as a gift to someone in shom. Whoever receives it, do read with discernment. This is a good way to understand why hermeneutics can cause so much trouble and division. Consider the VPP issue.... Whoever receives it, it will be a good test on your hermeneutics. I remember times in FEBC when a group of us sit in a room, prayed, and listened to a tape on a charismatic speaker on the topic of "faith equates prosperity", along that line. We did critiques and research for hours and hours. Background of the speaker, from which college, what is right and what is wrong, why?, how we can teach the congregation, arrange interviews. It was very tedious and that was just one assignment of hermeneutics class. Another one was a critique on a fundamentalist writer that has a similar teachings with the BP. And we are supposed to see the difference. Really thank God for the enjoyable time of searching His Word!
Btw, my apologies. Abit out of the point... As you know, i'll be shifting house. I read a very good point that often I have overlooked it. Andrew Murray mentioned about a personal prayer closet. A place where you have designated, specially, for prayers. One that you can say, I only pray in this place and nothing else. I read the reasons for such practice behind it and realize it is very profitable. Often we go before God asking for our requests. Have we asked God for what He wants for and from us? If we are in the room or somewhere filled with personal belongings, isn't it more possible to ask for things rather than to be asked for things? In other words, have we regard prayer so important and precious that we will build one cubicle specially just for prayer? To go before the presence of our Lord. I understand we can pray anywhere and anytime. But have we specially designated a place specially for prayer? So much precious than our belongings. A place where we can come before our loving Father?
Although my room is small, yet I'll build a small cubicle, enough for a size of a person, specially for prayers. No food, no drinks. No music, no distraction. Only a hymnal and a Bible. At first, I wouldn't want to build this cubicle. Imagine the things I have at home for my own self and the small room i'll be living in. Nevertheless, it is worth much better to have all my things thrown away and spent a portion of my place for prayer. Of course, not all... :)
I wish to open to all. If you are at the north or west and will travel to the east for meetings, and wish to spend some quality time with our Lord, feel free to use it. Can have my room key and the closet key. So long as my parents are in, shouldn't be a problem accessing it. Same for the east.
This closet may seems like a form of exile. Hope no one see it as such. :) You know, when you truly experience the grace and love of God, you couldn't help it but to draw AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN to God. This wonderful truth, as experienced by many past missionaries, preachers, pastors, laymen, fellow christians and saints, has been convicted into my heart. A moment of "away" status from God is a moment of "online" status in the world. Of course, there's no "appear offline". :) Everything is open before God. Such deep desire and conviction, I have been praying for years. For many years throughout my christian life ever since I was born again, I have been praying for such a deep desire in drawing close to God. And now, God has answered my prayer. I pray that fellow shomerim will one day experience such abundant blessing. To go before the feet of our Father. To go before someone who is sinless, perfect, kind, loving, merciful, fatherly... Who on earth can you find such person except God? And if we being born again have the spirit of God in us, doesn't it urge us to draw near to Him? Doesn't it urge us so badly to enter into our prayer closet and come before our Father? To throw everything aside because all things worth nothing compared to the presence of God? O Child of God! When will you understand this truth?!
>>shared by+my life - God = broken pencil+
on 22:45.
Comments |
