Small note: Pastor mentioned in his Easter message, “If each one take care of our hearts, the church is alive�. Similarly, if each one in Shomerim, takes care and do their daily devotion, then Shomerim will stay alive. May we not be the first to resurrect at the 2 nd coming of the Lord! =p (if u remember the joke Pastor mentioned).
::Saturday, October 27, 2007:: :: Current thanksgiving ::
Today is a good news day for me:)
Thank God that the vocal workshop has come to pass and I hope all who attend benefit much from it. On a personal note, its a much needed revision(from how I sing today I guess u noe I am a very rusty singer!)and I learn new things too! Thank God Ngian Ping agreed to conduct the workshop.
Actually a few years back, I wanted to have a vocal workshop but when I go abt planning, nothing seems to go right. I dunno whether its jus me but I feel that ppl in our church are generally happy with their state of singing and have no intention to want to try and improve their singing skills. Prob they think.'I'm not a pro singer...nvm la..' or its not impt to improve my singing skills. Singing = just open my mouth and follow the piano. To me whatever area of service we do for the Lord, we shld do our best, including singing - be it in the church choir or not. Now that we have been thru the workshop, I believe u noe that it actually takes alot to sing well.;)
Another thing I want to thank God for is that my grandma will be discharged later today ard noon time:) It has been a tough 3weeks. From SGH to Mt Alvernia. From general ward to ICU. It has indeed been a roller coaster ride for my whole family. Its also thru this I realise the importance of my bro to my grandma and how a person can affect another's well being. This also makes me think abt sharing the gospel and death.
Like what I share during Shomerim earlier on, things wont get anything easier now that she is discharged as she can only be fed thru a feeding tube. She is no longer as strong and healthy as b4 and need a wheelchair to move ard(cos she is still weak). Pls pray for her that all will be well and we will be able to find a nurse to take care of her. Do let me noe if anyone of you knows of such a one who does private nursing.
Lets cherish the elderly we have at home, our grandparents, parents, relatives....they are precious soul in God's sight too. If only God will grant us the courage to be the peacemaker for Him....