::Sunday, March 11, 2007::
:: testimony ::
Finally i'm able to log in my blogger's account. I hope to share a testimony and encourage you all in the Lord.
To start off, I will depict my scenario as a semi-student last year. I recall vividly the moments in my bunk in the midst of my unit life. Commanders were expected to perform our duties and to look after our men. Thank God, he has brought me through and, looking back, it was truly fascinating and amazing how God has led me despite my struggles in camp and school.
Apart from national duties, I took a one-year O level course in a private school. It was a normal one, and its main focus was to conduct hospitality and hotel management program. There were some other issues which I don't think it's wise to publicize it.
What I would like to share is God's grace and help in my semi-student life. Back then, I was posted to a rifle company and took-on a section commander's role. There were alot of difficulties and worries. I had to bear all responsibilities and answer for it including my men's one. It was quite a stressful job been a "sandwich" in between three chocolate bars and my men. Nevertheless, God has brought me through thick and thin in the army.
Of course, I shouldn't neglect my studies. I was quite distressed whenever problems arose in my call of duties. Given the stress, honestly, I wasn't able to study and focus efficiently in lessons. Not much of distraction, but I was mentally worn out. My spongy muscle wasn't able to absorb 100% of the lessons, perhaps maybe 60% only. I was very worried and decided to work on self-study. Many times, I would gather shom people to study along with me. I had given my utmost best, and the Lord has already blessed me ever since I took this tedious education path.
Why should I be unhappy about my results? Although, it took me one year to complete my studies. The after-math effect wasn't strong compared to one who studied 5 years. I asked myself, "how about my education background?" Given it, I couldn't go anywhere in life. How is it that this O level results wasn't important to me?
I was very excited to view my results online. One click, and my heart sunk. Literally, I felt my heart been pressured under intense stress and sadness. It overwhelmed me and it lasted for roughly 2 hours. The feeling was, as though, one who had received a very terrifying and sad news. I leaned back on my arm-rest chair and took a breath to avoid any "heart-attack" again. As I looked up at the ceiling and made a prayer, "Lord, this day I have tried my very best. I know this doesn't prove anything. Comfort me, I'm feeling very down. What is your will for me in life? I know this is part of your great plan for me. Nevertheless, your plans are beyond my limited plans. Help me to submit to your will and be subjected to your plans."
God reminded me Job in the Bible. He took back His blessings from Job for a simple reason; and that was to prove to satan that Job was a faithful servant as recorded in the Bible. It doesn't mean anything to Job. At that point in time, Job could had screamed and yelled at God. Back in his mind, he knew God's will and blessings. In return, he blessed God and his testimony wasn't tarnished.
In everything, there's a reason and purpose under the Almighty Hand of God. He loves us so much and sent His only begotten Son into this world and died on the cross. It was love beyond words. Today, His love stays and it remains forever. It is the same love shown to Adam and Eve when He weaved coverings from their shame out of twigs of leaves, to Moses when He wrote the Ten Commandments for mankind, to Jonah when He "deployed" a fish, to the pharisees and scribes when He gave them chances after chances, and many others. Isn't it a joy to experience this same unwavering love? :)
Guys (that includes our ladies :D ), there are many ups and downs in life. I couldn't stress enough about unity in shomerim. It is my prayer that shomerim will look after each other in the Lord. Ensure each other's "equipment" lest satan caught us unaware.
>>shared by+my life - God = broken pencil+
on 08:49.
Comments |
