::Monday, March 27, 2006::
:: Testimonia ::

somehow I feel there's a "personal" touch in this article with my photo.. No evil intend ar.. :)
Everybody has a story to tell. A story that brings wonder and edification into one's life. I hope to write an edifying article and encourage you folks in the Lord. Strive on!
"Guess how old am I?" as I would asked my men in a friendly gasture. Some said 21, others said 25. Whatever it is, I'm 20 years old this year. Apart from that, I have a story to share and it's one that God has directed in my life.
"Soon you will be out of BMT (Basic Military Training)", said someone who accompanied me on the enlistment day. A question popped in my mind, "What will I be doing in this phrase of my life?" On the first day of my BMT, it was heaven. Initially, my sergeants, who were celestal beings, gave soothing advices to new-found maggots. As day goes by, things started to change. I went on with my training, trusting in the Lord and believing in His providence and protection. Sky starts to turn dark, just as my training starts to get worst.
We sang "School of Infantry, Specialist here we come!..." in every marches during my specialist course. It was irritating and annoying. Eventually, I found some meaning in it. As I set foot in Taiwan, there was a strong sense of torment. I looked at my buddy, who was an IT graduate, with doubts and fears. I was right. 9 days in Taiwan's jungle was the worst nightmare I could ever asked for.
I asked my friend, "why did you choose to carry on with the training in taiwan?". "With pride, I choose to carry on. Because I know nothing is impossible, it's whether you are willing or not.", answered my friend. The whole cohort were trained in this manner. To us, tough things are like ants and manipulate them like no one else does. Still, I asked my friend, "Is this all it is about? I believe there's a God who is stronger, beit mentally or physically, than everybody in this earth."
Upon the fifth day of my training in Taiwan, I broke down and wept. It was tears of sorrow and hardship. I cried to the Lord at that moment and seeked for His help and perseverance. My BSLC buddy went lost (or rather mentally unstable) in the night. Close friends began to gather and share each other's burden. It lacks of something. Honestly, it was God. God was not in their midst though they gathered around a tactical area. Isn't it a blessing if we can gather around with God in our midst? It's like fixing a missing piece into a puzzle.
God has blessed me richly in Taiwan. "In what way?", you might ask. Before I was enlisted into the army, I decided to learn everything except those God-dishonouring lessons. He has blessed me mentally, allowing me to realize that humans are weak. We have to depend on God. He is our Solid Rock, Guiding Lamp and Captain. Above all, He's our merciful and gracious God. And when you are suffering in pain, God has never left you. Eternally, He has promised to be your Friend. Such eternal value, do you want? Or rather, to believe that men can do all things through himself?
What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
O what needless pain we bear, Everything to God in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful? Who will all our sorrows share.
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in Prayer
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Are you cumbered with load of care?
In His arms he'll take and shield thee; thou will find a solace there.
Take it to the Lord. Do not harbour them in your heart. Remember, Can you find a friend so faithful who will share all your sorrows? Guess no one can do that on earth.. Strive on guys! Days are getting bleaker. Will we be faithful to the Lord still?
Revelation 21:3-4
"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
>>shared by+my life - God = broken pencil+
on 00:07.
Comments |
