::Friday, October 21, 2005::
:: Update #2 ::
Greetings guys! :) Maybe by the time you see this message, i'm in the plane flying off to ROC.. Well.. just want to update with you guys what I have been doing for the past weeks in SISPEC and upcoming events in ROC...
Previously, we did alot of confidence course.. we went to hendon camp for the high confidence course and some rapelling.. Do not joke with the ants in the hendon camp, they are well trained.. At that time, a red ant managed to get to my ear and bite me. I felt my ear numb and it swollen.. really big red ants.. rarely find it in town or our neighbourhood... Alot of briefing for the past weeks, preparing us for the ROC trip..
At ROC, we will kick off our training with NDS (Navigation Data Sheet) and start our planning.. Due to constraint of time, we had to complete the NDS of four days by one night which may seems impossible. We intend to play cheat by showing our superior the first two days NDS and try to get away with it. The next two days can be done during our 2nd day navigational course in the jungle. After completing all the walking, we will kick off with our last exercise in our ASLC, exercise warrior. It is said that this exercise is very fierce and many people fail in assessment because of it. Well.. See how the Lord leads.. :) In warrior, we will start off with platoon breaching into behind enemy line. After that, we will be deployed into section level to continue the training. We will attack from north to south, which will take about 7 days. In summary, 2 days platoon breaching into behind enemy line and 7 days section battle all the way to the north end of the jungle.. i'm the section comm for this exercise..
After that will be the fun part. In fact, it is what we all looking forward to.. hehe.. the R and R.. 4 days R and R.. on the fifth day, we will fly back to Singapore, which is on 12 november 2005. No unauthorized personnel are to pick us up when we deplan back to camp. In which, i'll go back to tekong to settle down and have a debrief. On the week of my graduation, we will return stores and have alot of graduation parade rehearsal. (if I lose any of the stores, do help me to get them... don wan to get extra!!! :) Will sms some of you to help me if there's a need).
Mainly that will be the end of my ASLC training in SISPEC if God willing... Do pray for me as I have my last training in ROC. Honestly, I cant believe I went through all the way to ROC. Really by God's grace.. I have seen many people Out of course and some downgrade... my platoon from 120 soldiers to 98 of them. 22 OOC.. that's alot man.. but my OC said the right time, if you are able to go through BSLC and ASLC, whatever unit you go, you can make it.
Would like to end with a poem which I like to write when i have free time...
I set my feet on the shore of an island,
Where many men wailed and lamented.
Looking up to the building beneath the sun,
wandered away with much thoughts and anxieties.
Time began to move slower than I imagined,
hoping that the end is near.
I began to shed tears tremendously,
asking God why am I here...
As I excel higher,
I began to notice.
The reason of why I'm here,
cause God has it for me so.
I accepted God's plan,
willing to strive for God's glory.
Not seeking for men's praise,
but wanting to be a strong christian soldier.
To defend the nation is my pride,
To defend my people is an honour,
To defend my loved ones is love,
but to defend God's people is glory...
Pray that the Lord will keep me strong in Him.. After so much pain and difficulties in the army, my heart began to grow stronger in the Lord, knowing that spirituality is the top most priority in life, and walk with God closely is LIFE. Stay close to the Lord, brothers and sisters in Christ. See you guys in church on 131105. Hope to see those not in church for awhile on sunday when I come back.. Will pray for you all.. Take care and God bless!
>>shared by+my life - God = broken pencil+
on 14:43.
Comments |
