SHOMERIM DAILY DEVOTION PLANS
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.�
SHOMERIM |
Daily Devotion Plans (July-August) |
Amos |
OT – 1 Kings |
Nick |
NT – 1 Peter |
Daniel |
Jude |
Jiannan |
NT - Revelation |
Edmund |
1 Corinthians (random) |
Alan |
Revelation |
Ernest |
|
Jianjun |
Proverbs |
Joelson |
|
Tengyan |
OT – 1 Samuel |
Shuhui |
Hymn Stories Devotion |
Caleb |
Daily Reflections |
Meijie |
Manna for Today |
Nicole |
|
Desmond |
|
Lingqin |
Our Daily Bread |
Boon How |
Hosea |
Abigail |
|
Hong Hao |
|
Bo Hao |
|
Michelle |
|
UJ |
|
UTB |
|
Small note: Pastor mentioned in his Easter message, “If each one take care of our hearts, the church is alive�. Similarly, if each one in Shomerim, takes care and do their daily devotion, then Shomerim will stay alive. May we not be the first to resurrect at the 2 nd coming of the Lord! =p (if u remember the joke Pastor mentioned).
::Wednesday, August 31, 2005::
:: Goodbye my friend... ::
Dear Shomerim members, let me share with you something...
I just had my passing out parade few days ago. But the day before, we were told of who will be crossing over to OCS. I had a good friend, who I always address him as "Hui Ge", crossed over to OCS. He's not a Christian. When I heard that he's crossing over to OCS, my feeling was happy and sad. In fact, he's the best friend who I can find in SISPEC. It is because he has a life's motto which is the very same as me, "If I'm tasked to do something, and held responsible for it, I will do it "shui shui" (do it perfectly good) because it's my responsibility." We were LSM (Leader Sergeant Major) before, which is a very high appointment you can have in the company. We share the common joy and pain, comfort and sorrow. Two of us were very close to each other. Lots of happy memories and pain enjoyed and endured together...
Sometimes, I would begin to think of my BSLC life with my bunkmates and him. The feeling of been seperated as friends is very painful. From there, I began to understand what it is to be a soldier. No more NCC times.. No more fancy drills to attract people.. I began to realize that a soldier has to die for his nation, and not alone, but with his friends and comrade. My friend asked me, "You are trained everyday to shoot, but all are fake, do you dare to kill a real life person with life rounds in wartime?" I replied yes. And I believe my good friend would think the same.
How about our Christian life? Some may think I'm too crazy about army. If I have a Christian friend who thinks like me, who gives his very best for the nation and will not give up until my last breath, how would I react? I can't find any except Jesus. After going thru the painful seperating, I truly understand how it is to be a Christian soldier, yet my fellow comrades backslided from the Lord. It's like my good friend leaving SISPEC for OCS.
I understand another thing is that in life, there are people who are like me caring me this good friend. I knew I cant dissappoint them. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I pray that this bondness is in us. The bond that cant seperate us, also bond us so closely that even when seperated, the pain like what I felt, will be there. Keep strong in the Lord, guys!
>>shared by+my life - God = broken pencil+
on 12:13.
Comments |
