SHOMERIM DAILY DEVOTION PLANS
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.�
SHOMERIM |
Daily Devotion Plans (July-August) |
Amos |
OT – 1 Kings |
Nick |
NT – 1 Peter |
Daniel |
Jude |
Jiannan |
NT - Revelation |
Edmund |
1 Corinthians (random) |
Alan |
Revelation |
Ernest |
|
Jianjun |
Proverbs |
Joelson |
|
Tengyan |
OT – 1 Samuel |
Shuhui |
Hymn Stories Devotion |
Caleb |
Daily Reflections |
Meijie |
Manna for Today |
Nicole |
|
Desmond |
|
Lingqin |
Our Daily Bread |
Boon How |
Hosea |
Abigail |
|
Hong Hao |
|
Bo Hao |
|
Michelle |
|
UJ |
|
UTB |
|
Small note: Pastor mentioned in his Easter message, “If each one take care of our hearts, the church is alive�. Similarly, if each one in Shomerim, takes care and do their daily devotion, then Shomerim will stay alive. May we not be the first to resurrect at the 2 nd coming of the Lord! =p (if u remember the joke Pastor mentioned).
::Wednesday, July 13, 2005::
:: thots abt the cambodia trip ::
haven't blogged for a long long time. But felt that I should really share God's blessings with all of you.. =) This trip was really an eye-opener for me.
We visited a total of 6 village churches. I think most of the team members would agree that the condition in cambodia was much better than we expected. I thank God for the many children that we met in the various churches. Most of them are very adorable but I feel very sorry for them as well. They are poor and dirty. Many came carrying their baby brothers or sisters. Looking at them physically, it's sad to conclude that they really have very little. But looking at another side of them, it will really cheer you up. When they are singing the Christian songs, be it in Khmer or English, they are all so full of joy! =) They are very earnest in wanting to learn. They are enthusiasitc in learning to sing the English songs we prepared for them, the Bible lessons and art & craft lessons. Truly, like what God's Word says in
Mat 18:2-5 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child,the same is greatest inthe kingdom of heaven. And whoso, shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
There are so much we can learn from the children in terms of their attitude of learning God's Word.
Preaching the gospel is so important that many missionaries have left their jobs to preach the gospel full-time. This is one of the most important lesson I learnt in my trip. Evangelism is one of the areas I must step up my efforts in, even for all of us. =)
Of cos, there are fun times other than serious work. The travelling time from place to place in the van we hired was really fun. We sang songs together, while admiring the scenery around. We saw so many cows and buffaloes along the road (resulting in large amounts of 'land mines' around as well). As much as I like this trip and felt very enriched, I must say that that is not the best place for me.. bcos there were too many animals!! =p dogs, cats and pigs!! scary.. But I'm proud to say that I controlled myself very well, bcos I tried as much as I could not to scream when in fear.. =p i think the other members can testify to that ba.. =p
Thank God for the trip! It has drawn me closer to Him. And I know the team members (8 ppl + 1 'pet' =p) better than before. God willing, Shomerim can start to prepare ourselves to go for the next mission trip. =)
"God is so good.. Hallelujah!!" =)
>>shared by+shui+
on 20:21.
Comments |
