SHOMERIM DAILY DEVOTION PLANS
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.�
SHOMERIM |
Daily Devotion Plans (July-August) |
Amos |
OT – 1 Kings |
Nick |
NT – 1 Peter |
Daniel |
Jude |
Jiannan |
NT - Revelation |
Edmund |
1 Corinthians (random) |
Alan |
Revelation |
Ernest |
|
Jianjun |
Proverbs |
Joelson |
|
Tengyan |
OT – 1 Samuel |
Shuhui |
Hymn Stories Devotion |
Caleb |
Daily Reflections |
Meijie |
Manna for Today |
Nicole |
|
Desmond |
|
Lingqin |
Our Daily Bread |
Boon How |
Hosea |
Abigail |
|
Hong Hao |
|
Bo Hao |
|
Michelle |
|
UJ |
|
UTB |
|
Small note: Pastor mentioned in his Easter message, “If each one take care of our hearts, the church is alive�. Similarly, if each one in Shomerim, takes care and do their daily devotion, then Shomerim will stay alive. May we not be the first to resurrect at the 2 nd coming of the Lord! =p (if u remember the joke Pastor mentioned).
::Saturday, August 21, 2004::
:: Working Together ::
Coming together is a beginning;
keeping together is progress;
working together is success.
It has been more than 4 years on my current job. I have seen many come and go. Remember my first job at the publishing company, there is quite a "culture" of office politics, which I hope to avoid most of my time there. But what I still miss is their family-like cohesiveness of those "clicks" colleagues. Last time, when I met a bunch of them at a friend's wedding banquet, we have quite a good time of catching up.
Recently, some of the colleagues, whom I used to help and support frequently, have started to left the company. Truly, the jobs market has picked up and they have moved to "greenier" pasture. However, I seems to be somewhat affected by that. These are friendly and very cooperatively colleagues who only come to me when they are really desperately having computer problem, else they will try to solve it themselves. One of them, who was my U-days schoolmates, just left suddenly without a good-bye note, not a single one to anyone in office. That was shocking when we come to realize that he does not mix well with anyone in office, after some discussion with fellows school mates in our division. (we have 4 school mates whom graduated at the same year working there, now left 3) I was regretted for not being sharing with him the Gospel or even know him more when he is around. This thing have I failed.
Many a times, we have friends in the past and we really have a wonderful time together playing basketball, playing mischief in class and do all sort of funny things while we are together. Those are the memories. I still missed them, especially these and these.... But I have no idea where are they now. They seem to be disappear into outer space. Singapore is so small, how come we just don't meet in any shopping centre or computer shop? Strange.
The longest friendship I have and somehow still keep in touch is about 19 years. I just attended his wedding dinner last year, he came in a rush and also gone in a rush. I must say, what a friend I have. Counting the years, I have come to realize the next two longest friendship in my life is my classmate, whom now is working together in the same division. The other will be my the other half, ha! That was more than 10 years, 1/3 of my life!
I am glad that I have a group of friends whom I knew for more than 10 over years and we are still seeing each other every Sunday. Isn't that amazing?
Who will remember your friendship after 10 years? If you still keep in touch, it is really God's will for you to meet and be company. And I still believe to have groups of old friends around with you as long as we hold on to the same faith for the years to come.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
We all know the verses above, don't we?
We all have Agape Love, and we do Care & Share .... Please watch over your brothers and sisters with care and agape love. Let's share the joy together.
Things in the world change, but the Word never changes... I remembered this sharing in a meeting of four in a Fisher meeting, when our advisor was studying in England. My eyes were on the Book..... and I hope it will always be.
>>shared by+Teck Beng+
on 00:25.
Comments |
